Monday 23 September 2013

Venice ... I'm Here!

Greetings one and all.  I am sitting on my bed in my VERY 'piccolo' room listening to the gentle sounds of water vehicles passing on the Grand Canal.  I am a stones throw from the Bridge of Sighs (I now realise this is incorrect.  The Bridge of Sighs is at the other end of the Grand Canal.  A misommunication with my driver from the airport.  But it is a lovely bridge!)... In fact, after checking in about an hour ago, I grabbed my camera and wallet to have a gelato standing on the bridge watching the waning moon as it rose.  My Euro gift from the family was great as it was my only cash! Thanks John and Liz.  It is now 11.20 pm here and 7.20 Tues morning in Sydney.  I have been up 28 hours.  I only got abut 3 hours sleep on Sunday night and had about 2 on the Sydney/Dubai leg. So I'm very tired.  Emirates haven't converted me from Singapore Airlines, but flying into and out of Dubai was fascinating. The  A380, whatever the airline, is vey comfortable. 
Lots of canal exploration tomorrow after, I hope, a very good sleep.

3 comments:

  1. 9.05 Tuesday morning and hopefully you are fast asleep over there. So glad to hear you made it and wow your location sounds wonderful. Enjoy and look forward to seeing photos you add tomorrow. Take care, Keryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you landed safely, make sure you call in on my mask maker man, just around the corner. Sleep well! Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you have arrived and are ready to explore. Look forward to having a gelato with you in Roma soon.

    ReplyDelete